Mold Prevention In Bathroom
Mold thrives on lingering moisture, especially in rooms that do not have the correct type of ventilation. Mold can grow on numerous materials in your bathroom like shower curtains, rugs, wallpaper, drywall, and grout.
Tips on How to Prevent Bathroom Mold
- Do not leave damp towels or any other wet materials on the floor.
- Make sure the bathroom is getting proper ventilation. Use the bathroom vent anytime the shower or tub is running and leave the vent on for 30 minutes after you are done.
- After you are done showering, wipe down the tiles and grout in the shower.
- Wash your shower curtain regularly.
- Wash the rugs in your bathroom regularly.
- Purchase a mildew resistant shower curtain.
Sitting water can cause mold growth. Make sure to keep your tub, shower, and sink clean by cleaning them frequently. A clean and dry environment will prevent mold from ever growing.